Ships to United States and Canada.View Shipping Details
From Marie Benedict, the New York Times bestselling author of The Only Woman in the Room! An incredible novel that focuses on one of the people with the most influence during World War I and World War II: Clementine Churchill.
In 1909, Clementine steps off a train with her new husband, Winston. An angry woman emerges from the crowd to attack, shoving him in the direction of an oncoming train. Just before he stumbles, Clementine grabs him by his suit jacket. This will not be the last time Clementine Churchill will save her husband.
Lady Clementine is the ferocious story of the ambitious woman beside Winston Churchill, the story of a partner who did not flinch through the sweeping darkness of war, and who would not surrender to expectations or to enemies.
The perfect book for fans of:
• World War I historical fiction
• Novels about Women Heroes of WWI
• Novels about women hidden by history
• Biographical novels about the Churchills
Recommended by People, USA Today, Glamour, POPSUGAR, Library Journal, and more!
- Size: Hardcover - 6" x 9", Paperback - 5.5" x 8.25"
- Pages: Hardcover - 336, Paperback - 416