Ava and Pip
Ships to United States, Canada, Montserrat, Puerto Rico and 3 other countries.View Shipping Details
The first installment in the Ava and Pip series, perfect for aspiring writers and anyone that loves palindromes and word play. Ava and Pip is a funny and heartfelt story of Ava, an outgoing girl who wants to help her sister come out of her shell, and become a writer when she grows up.
"A love letter to language."—The New York Times
Meet outgoing Ava Wren, a fun fifth grader who tries not to lose patience with her shy big sister. She can't understand why Pip is so reserved and never seems to make friends with others, and decides to use her writing talents to help her sister overcome her shyness. She writes a short story based on the girl that ruined her sister's birthday party … but it doesn't quite go over like she wanted it to.
Can Ava and her new friend help Pip come out of her shell? And can Ava get out of the mess she has made, and really be a real writer like she always dreamed?
- Great for parents, educators and librarians looking for:
- A heartwarming read that has messages of sisterhood, identity, and friendship
- Funny books for girls ages 9 to 12
- A story that incorporates word play (especially palindromes!)
- A story with a character wants to be a writer, perfect for aspiring young authors
- Size: 5.50 in x 8 in
- Pages: 224