Nature Did It First
Encourage Problem-Solving and Exploration Through Nature with a Science Book for Kids About Biomimicry and Engineering (Includes STEM Activities)
Ships worldwideView Shipping Details
What child doesn't want to know how things work? Introduce a young reader in your life to how nature works and inspires innovation to help solve some of our toughest engineering challenges. This kid-friendly, beautiful introduction to biomimicry is half playful rhymes and half nonfiction, perfect for ages 5 and up.
Nature does it best … and did it first! Explore the ways we have looked to nature for brilliant new designs and innovations to solve our own conundrums. Each example in nature is paired with a fun, rhyming description, an example of how it has been used by us, and a question to the reader—"what other problems can be solved?"
- Learn fascinating examples of biomimicry, like:
- How burrs inspired Velcro
- How grooved gecko feet inspired adhesive
- How bumpy whale flippers inspired windmill blades and surfboards
- And more!
- Back matter includes:
- A glossary for words like echolocation and adhesive
- A STEM Challenge activity perfect for your home or classroom
- Hardcover & Paperback
- Size: Hardcover & Paperback - 9 in x 11 in
- Pages: Hardcover & Paperback - 32