The Radium Girls: Young Readers’ Edition
The Scary but True Story of the Poison that Made People Glow in the Dark
Ships to United States, Canada, U.S. Outlying Islands, Mexico and 6 other countries.View Shipping Details
Explore the unbelievable true story of America's glowing girls and their fight for justice in the young readers edition of the New York Times and USA Today bestseller The Radium Girls. This enthralling new edition includes all-new material, including a glossary, timeline, and dozens of bonus photos.
Amid the excitement of the early twentieth century, hundreds of young women spend their days hard at work painting watch dials with glow-in-the-dark radium paint. The painters consider themselves lucky—until they start suffering from a mysterious illness. As the corporations try to cover up a shocking secret, these shining girls suddenly find themselves at the center of a deadly scandal.
The Radium Girls: Young Readers Edition tells the unbelievable true story of these incredible women, whose determination to fight back saved countless lives.
- This new edition of the national bestseller is perfect for:
- Educators looking for history books for kids ages 9 to 12, nonfiction books for kids, biographies for kids, and real stories around the industrial revolution, chemistry, and science
- Parents, educators, and librarians looking for stories about strong women, inspiring books for girls, childrens books about women in history, and famous women books for girls
- Young readers who want to read one of the most inspiring and shocking narratives of the early 20th century
- Size: Hardcover & Paperback - 5.50 in x 8.25 in
- Pages: Hardcover & Paperback - 432
- Case Count: Hardcover: 24, Paperback: 28
- Age range: 8-12