The Swamp Where Gator Hides
Ships worldwideView Shipping Details
Beautiful art and a fun poetic cumulative verse makes learning fun! Readers will gain knowledge of the ecosystem in the swamp and an appreciation for the world around us!
Under the algae that carpets the swamp, near the duck who paddles in ooze, close to the turtle who takes a snooze . . . hides a gator! Still as a log, only his watchful eyes can be seen. But when gator moves, he really moves! What happens to the duck, the turtle, the egret, the deer, and the many other critters of the swamp when gator makes his move? Children will search for the gator and get a glimpse of real life in a swamp. Back material offers insight into this unique habitat and each of the featured animals. Berkes offers tips on how to engage young children actively in the topic, and Baird—who lives in Texas and has gators in her back yard—offers insights into how she created the images digitally.
- Further information about gators and the swamps where they live!
A perfect book for:
- parents and teachers needing homeschool supplies for kindergarten (or any grade!)
- anyone looking for a habitat book for kids
- anyone looking for children's books to help instill an appreciation of our planet!
- Hardcover & Paperback
- Size: Hardcover & Paperback - 9 in x 11 in
- Pages: Hardcover & Paperback - 32