Author and Event Request Information
We book all kinds of events for our authors, including standard bookseller events, school visits, and offsite venues that include book sales! We are also happy to discuss every specific author request and make sure the event format matches what you are looking for and help make it a success.
How to Request:
- As a bookseller or librarian: please submit your request through Edelweiss event grids if possible
- If you are asking for an author that is not listed on our events grids, please submit through the Sourcebooks Author Request Form
- As an individual: please submit through the Sourcebooks Author Request Form
Things to keep in mind when working with us for events:
- Please submit a request as soon as possible, with as much information as possible – we will need at least a month in advance (preferably 2+ months) to coordinate and confirm an event with you.
- If you are a bookseller and would like to place any event orders through Sourcebooks, please make sure that you have an account set up with us. To set up an account, you can call our customer service, reach out to your book rep, or email our event sales coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be specific if you would like a virtual or an in-person event, and if there is any flexibility on the format.
Edelweiss Event Grids
Sourcebooks puts up Author Events grids seasonally and booksellers, librarians, and other Edelweiss users that coordinate author events are welcome to request on them before they close.
If you do not have access to Sourcebooks event grids and would like to request, please submit through the Google form:
For those that are not on Edelweiss or want to request an author that is not on an active Edelweiss grid, please submit via the form below:
Want to be updated via email on opportunities available to book our authors? Sign up for the Author Events email list below, and you’ll receive periodic updates as we are planning authors tours, when our Edelweiss event grids are going live, and more.
Meet Our Events Specialist
Ashlyn Keil has been at Sourcebooks for over three years, and is passionate about getting authors in front of readers (virtually or in-person!). As Event Specialist, she coordinates book tours for Sourcebooks authors across imprints, developing relationships with festivals, comic-cons, and dedicating herself to creating the most high-impact events program for Sourcebooks lineup of dynamic authors. Outside of publishing, Ashlyn is passionate about living a life dedicated to mental and physical health/wellness and gets outside as much as possible. She is based in Naperville, Illinois, but still misses her hometown of Denver, Colorado.
Favorite Sourcebooks title: the Empirium trilogy by Claire Legrand
Favorite Book Tipsy refreshment: Lemon Drop Martini
Contact info: email@example.com