What does it mean to work at Sourcebooks?
We’re a mission driven publishing house made up of people committed to growing talent and thinking differently. We believe books change lives, and by joining our team you are joining a community of book-minded professionals who connect readers with amazing stories.
Based in the Chicago suburbs, we’ve adopted a hybrid working model that allows us to expand our workforce beyond Illinois into Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin. We hire top talent at all levels, and then develop those people into some of the best in the publishing business. We think big, aim high, and work hard: this shows up in our numbers time and time again. If this sounds like the environment you’re looking for, view our open positions here.
If you’re seeking an internship with us, our program will resume in 2023. We’re redeveloping the Sourcebooks internship so it better adapts to the ever-evolving world of publishing. Exciting changes are ahead: check back here for more updates!
Some Key Facts About Us:
- We’re an entrepreneurial, woman-owned organization committed to lifting up all voices.
- Our revenue jumped 33% in 2021.
- We’ve held the industry’s fastest growth rate for 6 of the last 7 years.
- We’re the 8th largest publisher of young adult books in the country.
- We’re the #1 publisher of teen thrillers.
- More than 1 in every 100 books sold in the US is a Sourcebooks title.
- Our culture of innovation helped us achieve 20 New York Times bestselling titles in 2021 alone.
- We are thoughtful and intentional: as our business grows and adapts, we make sure we’re scaling responsibly and continuing to care for our people.
And the #1 reason to join our passionate, book-loving community: every single one of us believes that books change lives.
You’ll be challenged and given many opportunities to learn and grow your career at Sourcebooks. We are always keeping an open mind and working toward the next big thing, and you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Education:
Between the Education Committee, our internship program, and the brand new BIPOC Editorial Training Program, we’re committed to sharing knowledge and empowering diverse professionals at all levels. Learn more about these three ongoing initiatives below: