Frida Kahlo and the Bravest Girl in the World
Famous Artists and the Children Who Knew Them
Ships to United States, Canada, American Samoa, Micronesia and 8 other countries.View Shipping Details
A lovely book about artist, Frida Kahlo from the series, Anholt's Artists Books for Children. When a little girl named Mariana is sent to have her portrait painted by Frida, she is scared. "Well, that's okay," Frida tells her. "Everyone feels scared sometimes. As Mariana sits for her portrait, she learns all about Frida's life, and begins to think of her as the bravest woman in the world.
Parents, teachers, and gift givers will find:
- gorgeous illustrations and reproductions of works by the artists
- a fun and educational story for home or the classroom
- a great series to be used for home school materials
- a whole series of books for kids to learn about important artists!
Author and illustrator Laurence Anholt recalls memorable and sometimes amusing moments when the lives of the artists were touched by children. Anholt's fine illustrations appear on every page and include reproductions of works by the artists.
- Size: 9 in x 11.38 in
- Pages: 32
- Case Count: 25
- Age range: 6-9
- Series: Anholt's Artists Books For Children