The Power of Saying No
The New Science of How to Say No that Puts You in Charge of Your Life
Ships worldwideView Shipping Details
Stop saying yes. Start saying no. Change your life!
You have probably said "yes" to bosses, partners, family, friends, and even strangers, when you actually want to say "no." Maybe you wish you could say no more often, but you're not sure how or if it's even possible to do so. You're not alone! We're taught to say yes as often as we can. After all, if you say no, aren't you likely to miss out on opportunities and sever important relationships? Isn't saying no a harmony-buster?
In The Power of Saying No, award-winning professor and researcher Vanessa Patrick delves into the new science of saying no. She introduces the ground-breaking concept of "empowered refusal"—a proven framework for saying no that puts you in charge of your life—and reveals some surprising secrets about the power of the word no.
Dr. Patrick shares:
- Why empowered refusal is a valuable superskill that helps us say no in a way that does not invite pushback from others.
- The toolkit of three competencies you need to develop to effectively communicate an empowered no response.
- A framework to help separate the "good-for-me" from the "not-good-for-me" activities and engagements that come our way.
- How to establish and implement personal policies that empower your refusal.
- How to use empowered refusal to manage difficult askers, strengthen your relationships and realize your full potential.
It's more important than ever to protect your time, focus on your top priorities, and use the power of saying no to reach your goals at work and at home. Empowered refusal is a unique, positive, and meaning-filled approach to managing your energy and ambition effectively, allowing you to make lasting, positive changes in your life.
- Size: 6 in x 9 in
- Pages: 336
- Case Count: 20